Curated by Nicola M. Gentili (Cinema & Media Studies and House Fellow in Harrison College House), in collaboration with representatives from College Houses & Academic Services, the 2021 Penn Student Film Festival is virtual again this year! We want to hold our festival despite the current circumstances to offer an opportunity to our student filmmakers to show their cinematic talent.
Virtual Penn Student Film Festival 2021 Submission Guidelines:
• Festival film entry is open to Penn students only.
• Films can be no longer than 10 minutes.
• All genres of films will be accepted to the competition. There will not be separate categories for awards.
• All entries must be submitted via Vimeo or YouTube link to Nicola M Gentili by the deadline of Sunday, April 4, 2021. Include: Name and email of the director(s), title of the film, year, runtime, genre, and screening link.
• Each individual or team can submit no more than 1 entry.
• All entries must have been made in 2019-21.
• We will not disqualify films that contain copyrighted material.
• We will not accept films that have already been submitted to past editions of the Penn Student Film Festival.
All films submitted will be watched by the members of the PSFF committee on Mon Apr 5 and Tue Apr 6 divided into two juries. These juries each will choose a set of four finalists. The finalist films will be sent to a jury composed of Cinema & Media Studies faculty, who watch the films on Wed Apr 7 and choose the winners.
Penn Student Film Festival 2021 Prizes:
--First prize: $500
--Second prize: $300
--Third prize: $200
Additionally, Cinema & Media Studies and the Annenberg Center will hold a virtual Engagement Event on Sunday, April 18 with PSFF 2021 Finalists and Penn Alumni in the industry. Registration link.